On the road to return to the new football season, the Botswana Football League board met yesterday (16-08-2023) to, among other things, resolve that the draft fixtures be given to member clubs for appreciation before the end of today.
This follows encouraging new developments that all our elite league clubs have fulfilled the club licensing requirements without breaking sweat.
The member clubs will then have the opportunity to comment before the final endorsement is made at the Annual General Assembly (AGM) slated for September 2nd, 2023. At the very same assembly, the delegates will bless the commencement of the league.
Important dates to note as preparations for the new season are underway.
- 16th September 2023: COMMENCEMENT OF THE LEAGUE
- 22nd December 2023: LEAGUE GOES INTO RECESS
- 13th January 2024: LEAGUE RESUMES
- 28th January 2024: ORANGE FA CUP LAST 32
- 1st June 2024: LEAGUE CONCLUDES
- 8th June 2024: ORANGE FA CUP FINAL
BFL has channeled all efforts in engaging Corporate Botswana to sponsor elite football at all costs. The overwhelming ambition, this time around, is to kickstart the 2023-24 football season with a headline sponsor.
As things stand, the BFL confidently confirms to have concluded negotiations with the following partners.
- Btv- An agreement has been reached for sponsorship rights with the tune of P 8 million for 2023-24 season.
- Vision View TV- Discussions to partner with the station have been concluded and it is agreed that there will be an online TV for digital broadcast of our games. The station will air games that BTV cannot access. This is another revenue stream where the league will generate income for its member clubs. The deal shall run for 3 years.
- VIB MOBILE- Talks with this company have been finalized and it is agreed that VIB Mobile will become the league’s online fan engagement partner and play a pivotal part in helping the league to engage with football supporters through the usage of mobile value-added services. In essence, this season, spectators will play a meaningful role in voting for man of the matches, player of the month and coach of the month. The company will create SMS short code for the above categories.
More details will be shared at the time and date when BFL launches the start of the new campaign.